Promotional Merchandise is the best-kept secret to improving brand awareness
You may not believe it, but the promotional merchandise is the secret of influential businesses to building and sustaining brand awareness. It benefits businesses regardless of size or industry. Corporate merchandise can also be incorporated into any marketing plan and event.
Time and time again, various research studies from different organizations have proven how effective promotional merchandise is in building up brand awareness. Here are the following findings from the recent 2017 consumer study by Promotional Products Association International (PPAI):
- 80 percent of recipients go straight to researching more about the brand upon receipt of corporate merchandise.
- Meanwhile, eight out of 10 people are more likely to do business with the brand. In the same study, it has been found that promotional merchandise is the most effective advertising medium out of broadcast, online, print, and mobile advertisements. It has ranked first in all age groups, from millennial to the silent generation.
- Eighty one percent would keep the promotional merchandise for more than a year, thereby exposing the brand to other people, especially if the product gets high use.
- The recall is also high with corporate merchandise. Nine out 10 people recall the branding on promotional products.
- Eighty two percent of people gain a more positive opinion of the brand upon receiving promotional merchandise.
What makes promotional merchandise transform businesses’ image dramatically? Read on below to find out.
How Does Corporate Merchandise Build Image?
Promotional merchandise has longevity
As mentioned above, corporate merchandise is typically kept for more than a year. It means that it gets to promote your brand for that length of time. With traditional advertisements, everything is limited. You only get a limited amount of time for your advertisement to show onscreen, online, in print, or on the radio. You are also limited as to the frequency and schedule of appearances per day. WIth corporate merchandise, your brand is on show wherever and whenever as long as the item is in use.
Promotional merchandise can go places where traditional advertisements can’t
Traditional advertisements are restricted to the places that they’re supposed to appear in or the demographics that that media is focused on. With corporate merchandise, it can go to any place that the recipients will go. Your brand will then be exposed to anyone that the recipient will come in contact with.
h3. Promotional merchandise gets ingrained in people’s day-to-day lives
Corporate merchandise has a more personal feel to it as they can become part of the recipient’s life. People tend to be creatures of habit, so if you give away a promotional product that is useful, you can be sure that it will be used over and over again.
Corporate merchandise can shake up the habits of consumers
According to a study by Brandwatch, people are more than willing to switch their preferred brands if it means getting free corporate merchandise. They are also more likely to stay loyal to a brand if it uses promotional products in their customer rewards or loyalty programs.
Corporate merchandise is a gift that keeps on giving.
After a person is done with a promotional merchandise, they don’t necessarily throw it away immediately. Instead, they pass it on or re-gift it to someone they know. According to the 2016 Global Impressions Study by Advertising Specialty Institute, 64% of recipients would give the promotional product to someone else rather than throw it away. In essence, the corporate merchandise would have a second life with its new owner, therefore being exposed again to a new set of people.
If you want to experience an increase in brand awareness, order high-quality yet affordable promotional merchandise from the most trusted provider, Brandconnect. If you have any questions, contact us through email at email@example.com or by phone at 02 8072 3350, from Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.