Don’t end the year without doing these 3 Promo Marketing Initiatives!
The end of the year is the busiest period for marketers. There are plenty of things to tie up in terms of profitability, budget management, and tying up loose ends. With the challenging year that we just had, businesses probably can’t wait to end this year and start a new one, next year. However, you can’t do that just yet! Here are 3 end-of-year promo marketing tips to ensure a successful 2021!
1. Review and evaluate the past year
This year hasn’t been easy. While you may prefer to just forget that this year happened, there are still many lessons to be learned through the challenges. Look back on your promotional performance this year: what are the good, the bad, and could-be-betters? With these, you can create a successful promo marketing plan. Keep doing what seems to work, forget about what doesn’t, and look for ways to improve.
2. Set your goals for next year
Failing to plan for the next year is like setting yourself up to fail. While today’s business climate is rocky with the ongoing pandemic, you can still use the knowledge you gained maneuvering the company in this challenging time in preparing your goals for next year. Research and analyse industry trends, predictions, and opportunities in the upcoming year. Using those three things to guide you, you can then create goals that are SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
3. Plot out your plans for the next year
It’s never too early to start planning for the next year. In fact, you may already be a tad late. It’s time to plot out your promotional activities for the upcoming year, including the budget, social media, web and email content, and promotional marketing campaigns. Set your sights high but don’t go over your budget. Here’s what you need to for each aspect:
- Budget: Budget is the oil that greases our gears. We wouldn’t be able to go anywhere without it. To plan your budget, we need to find out how much we spent this year, how much the return of investment was, and how you want to forge ahead. Using the first step as a guide, find out which activities were successful and worth carrying over to the next year. After improving on them, you can determine an estimated budget for the activities.
- Social media and online content: You should also analyse the success of your social media campaigns and online content. Track your top-performing posts and blogs and learn from them. What made them so successful? In understanding them, you’ll also be able to replicate their successes for the new content that you’ll make next year.
As for the content that didn’t perform well, find out why. Online content never dies, so it could be that you just need to improve on something (the headline or audience target) in order to make it work.
- Promotional marketing campaigns: Find out what worked and what didn’t so that you can have more effective promotional marketing campaigns for next year. Make sure to plan out campaigns and content for important periods for your business, such as major sales, consumer holidays, launches of new products or services, and conference/trade show appearances.
Prepare for a successful 2021 with these End-of-Year Promo Marketing Tips
While you can’t always control what will happen, it is still better to be prepared for whatever the new year throws at your business. At the same time, learn to be adaptive and keep updated with the latest industry trends to stay ahead of the curve. If you need help to plan your 2021 promotional marketing campaigns, you can take advantage of our free no-obligation promotional consultation with our Account Managers! You can book a call through this link or shoot us an email or phone call.